By using the Website and accepting this Policy, you agree to everything in the Policy and it is as though you have read this Policy.
You cannot use the Website our any services related to it if you do not agree with this Policy.
We believe in safeguarding the protection of the privacy of all visitors (“Visitors”) to our Website and all individuals (“Customers”) who have registered for an account with us (“Account”), whether they have done so in order to purchase products (“Shoppers”) or not.
By using this Website you accept this Policy and consent to our collection, storage, processing and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you terminate your Customer account with us, you consent to us storing information you have already provided to us for record-keeping purposes only.
In this Policy we describe the ways in which we use, collect and protect your personal information. In this Policy, we use the term “personal information” to characterise information that could possibly relate to a specific person and to identify a person. Any information that has been made anonomous, we do not consider personal information.
Changes to this Policy
If we chose to amend this Policy, which we may at any time, we will post the amended version on our Website.
The amended version will only apply to Visitors with effect from the time we post it.
But if you are a Customer, we will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any amendment by posting a notice of the amendment on the Website.
The amendment will then apply to Customers with effect from the date indicated in such notice.
But if you are a Customer and you are not happy with any of the amendments, you should stop using the Website in any way.
You can also request that we deactivate your Account at any time for any reason.
General information about everyone
The below information may be collected, stored and used by us if you, as a Visitor or Shopper use our Website, or any related service:
Internet usage information or passive information collected: as you navigate a website, certain information is automatically passively collected using various technology.
Like many other websites, we track your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browsing habits, click patterns, cookie preferences , operational information about the technology you use, the content and pages that you access on the Website, and time spent on the Website and generally other information that technology allows us to collect as you use our Website (“Usage Details”); and
Additional information or active information collected: we collect this type of information only when you voluntarily provide us with this information.
This type of information can range from your demographic information or information relating to your participation in additional services offered on our Website (“Optional Details”).
How information is collected
Voluntarily provided by you: Optional Details can be provided by you if you chose to upload or download certain content from the Website, take part in any promotions or surveys and subscribe for services on our Website.
Automatically gathered: Some of the information we may collect is done so automatically because of various technology. These may include:
Other tracking technology: Our Website uses analytics software which may also track your activities.
The purpose for which we collect this information:
- We will only use Optional Details provided by you for the purposes you allow us to use them for.
- We may use your Usage Details to:
- Automatically offer you with the latest version of the G&A Compass application;
- Remember information you have provided to us when you access the Website again;
- Screen total Website usage metrics
- Recommend products which you might like; and
- Monitor your entries, submissions, and status related to the Website.
There may be cookies and widgets (an application that allows a user to access certain functions and services) from our business partners on our Website.
We do not have any control over these cookies and widgets and this Policy does not relate to such.
We use the information that Customers provide (or that we collect) to run, maintain, improve, and provide all of the features of the Website and any associated services.
We also use information that Customers provide to comply with any relevant laws.
If you are a Customer, you agree that we may also electronically collect, store and use the following of your information:
- Name and surname, birth date, gender, country, province and city of residence, identity number or passport number (“Personal Details“);
- If you are a legal entity, your full name, registration number, country of incorporation (“Corporate Details”), and the Personal Details of all your office bearers; Personal and Corporate Details are used to manage and administer your use of the Website and fulfill any contractual obligations we have to you, including to verify your identity when transacting with us.
- E-mail address and/or, your mobile number (“Contact Details“);Contact Details are used to confirm your identity when you may wish to use the Website or transact with us. Your Contact Details will also be used to notify you of facts relating to your use of the Website. If you give us your consent to do so, we may also use your Contact Details and Transaction Details to inform you of competitions and special offers form us or third parties related to us. For more information regarding these optional communications, see section 8 below.
- Information relating to your transactional activity on the Website (“Transaction Details”) We use your Transaction Details to keep transaction records, and if you are a Shopper, to ensure that we comply with any obligation we owe to you in accordance with the T&C. We may also use your Transaction Details to improve any services and products we may provide on an anonymous basis.
- Additional information you may provide on a voluntary basis (“Additional Details“) Additional Details provided by you may be used to customise your browsing experience on the Website and for purposes you agree to when you provide any Additional Details.
- Information relating to third parties for whom you purchase products as gifts (“Third Party Details”). We use the Third Party Details to be able to deliver the product you purchased for such third party and contact such third party if necessary. We will not use such Third Party Details for any other purpose.
How we protect and store personal information:
We store and control on secure servers provided by our international service provider any personal information of our Customers and Visitors. We use computer precautions and measures such as firewalls and data encryption. Any personal information we may have in physical form is protected by restricting access to our buildings and files.
Please be aware that we will never ask for your password in an unsolicited telephone call or e-mail.
Never give your Account password to anyone as you are responsible for ensuring that your Account password remains confidential.
If you are not an individual, we may need to communicate with a named contact or alternative contact provided by you. It is your responsibility to let us know of any changes to your chosen contact person in this respect.
How we share personal information with others:
We may share the personal information of each of our Visitors and Customers with -
Law enforcement bodies or third parties when compelled to do so by a court order or similar legal procedure; or compelled to do so to comply with any law; or we believe that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Our service providers who are involved with our business operations but our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
Other third parties, but only with your consent.
Also note that if we sell, transfer or close our business or any similar reorganisation, then we shall be entitled to transfer any or all information collected via the Website (including your personal information) to third parties.
How you can access or change your personal information:
If you would like to review or change the details that you have supplied us with you can either amend your details directly by going to ’ My Account’ or choosing to contacting us on
www.GnACompass.co.za or +27 82 459 2914 (Contact centre hours: Weekdays 8:00 – 18:00 & Saturdays 8:00 – 14:00).
The following information is not regarded as personal information for purposes of this Policy:
Information that does not relate and/or cannot be traced back to you specifically.
Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us.
Information which you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum. This type of information has been voluntarily provided by you a public forum and can no longer be considered confidential.
Optional consent to marketing and service communications:
You can opt out of receiving the following communications from us:
Alerts about discounts, special offers, sales and competitions
Newsletters to inform you about offers and other things that may be of interest to you or Customers generally
Service communications concerning your Account
You can opt out of communications from us by customising your Account, or by following the unsubscribing link on the relevant communication you no longer wish to receive.
Please note that you cannot opt out or chose to stop receiving communications from us relating to a Website purchase that you need to receive.
We strive to provide you with options regarding personal information you provide to us, but it may take up to 14 days for changes to your preferences concerning communications to take effect.
How you can contact us about privacy questions:
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us at www.GnACompass.co.za or +27 82 459 2914 (Contact centre hours: Weekdays 8:00 – 18:00; Saturdays 8:00 – 14:00).